Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Surah Fatiha (chapter 1)
























The meaning of Al-fatihah and its Various names:
This surah is called Al-Fatihah, that is, the Opener of the Book, the surah with which the prayers are begun. It is also called 'Umm Al-Kitab' (the Mother of the book), according to the majority of the scholars.

Listen to Chapter 1 Al-Fatiha by clicking below:

Click Here


Surah Al-Fatiha: Ayah 1 to 7: Translation



1. In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

2. Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;

3. Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

4. Master of the Day of Judgment.

5. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

6. Show us the straight way,

7. The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.



Surah Al-Fatiha and the Prayer

Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet said,


"Whoever performs any prayer in which he did not read Umm Al-Qur'an, then his prayer is incomplete." He said it thrice.

Virtues of Al-Fatihah
Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal recorded in the Musnad that Abu Sa'id bin Al-Mu'alla said, "I was praying when the Prophet (pbuh) called me, so I did not answer him until I finished the prayer. I then went to him and he said, "What prevented you from coming?" I said, 'O Messenger of Allah! I was praying.' He said, "Didn't Allah say",
"O You who believe! Answer Allah (by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger (pbuh) when he calls you to that which gives you life?"

He, (pbuh), then said:
"I will teach you the greatest surah in the Quran before you leave the Masjid".
He held my hand and when he was about to leave the Masjid, I said, 'O Messenger of Allah! You said: 'I will teach you the greatest surah in the Quran.' He said, "Yes"

"Al Hamdu Lillahi Rabbil-Alamin"

"It is the seven repeated (verses) and the Glorious Quran that I was given"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home